Having gratitude is all about being thankful And showing appreciation for what you have. You can be thankful for a number of things, your friends And family, your health, their health, the world or simply just being alive.
Expressing your gratitude while practicing yoga is productive And makes you feel a whole lot better. Be thankful for the breaths you’re taking, the feeling you get when you’re stretching your muscles, the tension that’s being released when you’re in those deep poses, count your blessings when you are holding a pose, and especially be thankful for Savasana at the end of your yoga class.
Feeling grateful is a part of a healing process, And there is really no better place to feel grateful than on a yoga mat.
Yoga Quotes About Gratitude
- “Gratefulness will make you great.” – Yogi Bhajan
- “It turns denial into acceptance, chaos into order, confusion into clarity… It turns problems into gifts, failures into success, the unexpected into perfect timing, And mistakes into important events. gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today And creates a vision for tomorrow.” – Melody Beattie
- “It is through gratitude for the present moment that the spiritual dimension of life opens up.” – Eckhart Tolle
- “Gratitude is when memory is stored in the heart And not in the mind.” – Lionel Hampton
- “Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom” – Marcel Proust
- “The purpose of life is to be beautiful, to be bountiful, to be blissful, to be graceful And grateful. What a wonderful English word—grateful. If one is great And full, one is God. And whenever smallness faces you, you should be great. And full. Full of that greatness.” – Yogi Bhajan
- “If the only prayer you said in your whole life was, ‘thank you,’ that would suffice.” – Meister Eckhart
- “We learned about gratitude And humility that so many people had a hand in our success, From the teachers who inspired us to the janitors who kept our school clean … And we were taught to value everyone’s contribution And treat everyone with respect.” – Michelle Obama
- “Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, And more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend.” – Melody Beattie
- “Reflect upon your present moment blessings, of which Every man has plenty; not on your past misfortunes of which all men have some” – Charles Dickens
- “It is good to say, ‘Hello, how are you? Good morning, my Creator. Thank you very much.’ It is called gratitude. Attitude of gratitude brings you opportunities beyond your concept. And when the prayer becomes the vibration of the soul, mind, And self, we can create a miracle.” – Yogi Bhajan
- “Gratefulness for what is there is one of the most powerful tools for creating what is not yet there. What does gratefulness mean? It means you appreciate what is. You value, you give attention to, you honor whatever is here at this moment.” – Eckhart Tolle
- “Given the amount of unjust suffering And unhappiness in the world, I am deeply grateful for, sometimes even perplexed by, how much misery I have been spared.” – Dennis Prager
- “Wear gratitude like a cloak and It will feed Every corner of your life” – Rumi
- “If you just feel happy for what you have, have an Attitude of gratitude, And be grateful, then It will come true you will be GREAT And you will be FULL.” – Yogi Bhajan
- “Whatever our individual troubles And challenges may be, it’s important to pause Every now And then to appreciate all that we have, on Every level. We need to literally ‘count our blessings,’ give thanks for them, allow ourselves to enjoy them, And relish the experience of prosperity we already have.” – Shakti Gawain
- “Walk as if you are kissing the Earth with your feet.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
- “When you are grateful fear disappears And abundance appears.” – Anthony Robbins
- “You open the door through gratitude” – Deepak Chopra
- “Speak truthfully; speak simply, straightforwardly And with a smile. Never try to impress others; try to impress yourself. Find happiness within you. Find an Attitude of gratitude. Be happy for what God has given you. All happiness will come to you if you are happy. happiness will come to you because happiness wants to go where happiness is.” – Yogi Bhajan
- “Practicing gratitude doesn’t have to be difficult, but It will take effort. It’s the practice of seeing the quality of things alongside the quantity. It’s both the subconscious And conscious valuation you place on people, events, And challenges in your life.” – Jessi Richardson
- “Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.” – Epicurus
- “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.” – John Fitzgerald Kennedy
- “Have gratitude for the things you’re discarding. By giving gratitude, you’re giving closure to the relationship with that object, And by doing so, It becomes a lot easier to let go” – Marie Kondo
- “What happens when you speak positive? When you speak positive there is no negative left to express And then there is a gap. Then in that gap comes the super-positive And that’s what we call God. It is an Attitude of gratitude. Attitude of gratitude is when you are grateful for Every breath of life.” – Yogi Bhajan
- “Great gratitude comes ultimately From a place of great humility. Replacing expectation with awe, we see the world through childlike eyes. Everything is a gift, everything is alive, everything is thrilling.” – Monique Minaha
- “You pray in your distress And in your need; would that you might pray also in the fullness of your joy And in your days of abundance.” – Kahlil Gibran
- “In daily life we must see that It is not happiness that makes us grateful, but gratefulness that makes us happy.” – Brother David Steindl-Rast
- “Gratitude is the sign of noble souls” – Aesop
- “People ask, “What should we do when we feel something is wrong?’ When there is something wrong, thank God that It is not you. When you feel there is something good, thank God that you have learned something. And this way you can process your life And progress your life. What will happen? You will get high-spirited. You will rise And fill the vacuum. From nature will come wealth And prosperity.” – Yogi Bhajan
- “Gratitude has a way of bringing us into the present moment, allowing us to be with what is. Our mind is no longer chasing after something in the future or lingering somewhere in the past. We are content.” – Birgitte Kristen
- “Gratitude opens the door to…the power, the wisdom, the creativity of the universe. You open the door through gratitude.” – Deepak Chopra
- “Gratitude is the memory of the heart.” – Jean Baptiste Massieu
- “When you stop And really look, you see that you are supported continuously in literally countless ways. This is the highest lesson of yoga, the truth of interbeing, of no separation.” – Frank Jude Boccio
- “Every human being needs loftiness, exaltedness, self-confidence, And appreciation to be grateful that we are alive at this moment And we are alive together. It’s like stars in the sky on the same night. Some are big. Some are small. Some are shining. Some come late. Some come earlier. But in the brim of night, all are lit on the axle. On their orbit, they exist. That is the condition of Every human.” – Yogi Bhajan
- “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “If you only say one prayer in a day, make It thank you.” – Rumi
- “Wake at dawn with a winged heart And give thanks for another day of loving.” – Kahlil Gibran
- “Gratitude is a powerful catalyst for happiness. It’s the spark that lights a fire of joy in your soul.” – Amy Collette
- “Wealth is a different thing than money. wealth is in values, so please give yourself values. And Attitude of gratitude is the only way that you will not mess up your life. Be grateful that the tragedy has fallen on you. God must have thought that you can lead through your strength And courage And guide yourself through it, so others can learn it.” – Yogi Bhajan
- “Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, It could hold a rather large amount of Gratitude.” – A.A. Milne
- “I was complaining that I had no shoes till I met a man who had no feet.” – Confucius
- “The only people with whom you should try to get even are those who have helped you.” – John E. Southard
- “Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because It happened.” – Dr Seuss
- “To start with, you should have an Attitude of gratitude. Without an Attitude of gratitude, neither prosperity nor pleasure, joy nor happiness means anything, and It works this way: to those who have an Attitude of gratitude And who do It with innocence, Mother Nature brings all the wealth, health, And happiness.” – Yogi Bhajan
- “We should not measure success by bank accounts filled with money, but rather by moments filled with joy and gratitude. Pursuing your passion vigorously And relentlessly will bring you those moments.” – Dennis Houchin
- “But listen to me. For one moment quit being sad. Hear blessings dropping their blossoms around you.” – Rumi
- “Gratitude is an art of painting an adversity into a lovely picture.” – Kak Sri
- “When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege It is be alive – to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love” – Marcus Aurelius
- “If you just feel happy for what you have, have an Attitude of gratitude, And be grateful, then It will come true, you will be great And you will be full.” – Yogi Bhajan
- “When we are truly experiencing a state of gratitude, we feel naturally full, abundant, And blessed, which are all the exact opposites of the experience of Vata imbalance.” – Dr. Siva Mohan
- “Gratitude is an opener of locked-up blessings.” – Marianne Williamson
- “In ordinary life, we hardly realize that we receive a great deal more than we give, And that It is only with gratitude that life becomes rich.” – Dietrich Bonhoeffer
- “The Attitude of gratitude is the highest way of living, And is the biggest truth, the highest truth. You cannot live with applied consciousness until you understand that you have to be grateful for what you have. If you are grateful for what you have, then Mother nature will give you more.” – Yogi Bhajan
Yoga Gratitude Video – Grounding Into Gratitude – Root Chakra Yoga – Yoga With Adriene
If these quotes have inspired you and you want to try a yoga practice to ground you into gratitude, check this out – our favorite new yoga person, Yoga with Adriene. She has taken the yoga world by storm, especially during pandemic.
In this video, Adriene shows you a yoga practice that guides you through a series of poses to balance the root chakra and cultivate grounding with gratitude. When the root chakra, or Muladhara, is out of balance, you might feel anxious, or worried and stressed.
This can lead to low energy and low immunity and an overall sense of instability.
Use the tools of yoga to strengthen and balance to the root chakra, the foundation of all the other chakras. Cultivate self love, stability, and sense of security. You are worthy and deserving. Remind yourself, you are awesome and you are supported!
Sometimes we forget to stop worrying about what needs to be done, what we don’t have, And goals we haven’t reached yet when we need to be grateful about the things we have done, have accomplished, And progress we’ve made towards those goals.
Dedicate a yoga class or session to gratitude, be thankful for all of the progress you’ve made in living a healthier And more in touch life. Use some of these quotes to motivate you to be grateful, to have gratitude for the many beautiful things you are And for the blessings you have surrounding your life.